Gate Opener Safety ASTM F2200 Requirements
ASTM F2200 standards require that automated gates must have the following, where applicable:
• Covers for all exposed rollers
• Protective screen mesh
• Guard posts
• Slide gates and the adjacent fence must not allow a 2 1/4” sphere to pass through up 48” from the ground.
• Gates must be prevented from falling over if disconnected from the gate opener.
• Swing gates with potential entrapment zones of greater than 4” to less than 16” must be protected.
• Swing gates must not have any protrusions on the bottom of the gate.
Refer to ASTM F2200 for complete information.